Maybe your computer does not recognize the firmware file. So the first thing you need to do is restart your computer. Then connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to the computer again, and then launch iTunes. If you’re receiving “the iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” error when updating your iDevices to the latest iOS 16, how to fix it? In this guide, you can find several proven ways to solve it. Recovery Mode in iPhone is a troubleshooting process all firmware that diagnose the iOS problem and repairs it. Like factory reset, Recovery Mode too deletes the current data from your iOS device.
So, you may want to update your iPhone to this latest iOS version. It may be that other version downgrades work, but these are the ones we’ve tested and confirmed working. This technique relies on there being little different to the underlying storage format between some versions.
- Further, it retrieves all data types lost in any situation without altering the quality or other attributes of the original file.
- They’re widely available, affordable,…
- It’s also an Apple-recommended way to fix many subtle system errors, because a hard reset will force all the software to reboot and resolve some temporary hiccups.
- Occasionally we discover new bugs in iOS backups, and working together with our customers helps us bring new repairs to market faster.
Apple usually advises users to turn in their Apple Watch to the customer’s nearest Apple stores for repair. Olena Kagui is a Feature Writer at iPhone Life. In the last 10 years, she has been published in dozens of publications internationally and won an excellence award. Since joining iPhone Life in 2020, she has written how-to articles as well as complex guides about Apple products, software, and apps. Olena grew up using Macs and exploring all the latest tech. Her Maui home is the epitome of an Apple ecosystem, full of compatible smart gear to boot.
- Once running into such an annoyance, there is no wonder why people will scream out like ‘why won’t my iPhone turn on?
- Joyoshare UltFix iOS System Recovery is a professional repair tool for iOS system.
- Because it would have gone through and auto-update if a new version had been available.
- Remember to back up your iPhone in the very beginning because this way will erase all your data.
- Read this article to learn how to update your iPhone software and this article to learn how to update your Apple Watch software.
- Click Browse to select a safe place to keep the files.
A firmware is an IPSW file that contains everything needed to run the core operating system, iOS. Beta firmwares have also been released, but require an Apple Developer account to acquire. To check for updates, iTunes contacts itunes.apple.com.